FDA066/HMI503. Human Factors Research Methodology and
Field Experimentation, 5p
||Fang Chen IKP/LITH, email@example.com
Examinator Kjell Ohlsson.
||Fall 2002, It will start week No 39 and be given on Tuesdays
until December 17, 9.00-12.00.
||Graduate Student status or advanced undergraduate.
- Ethics in research
- Field experimentation
- Laboratory versus field research
- Quasi-experimental design
- Validity and reliability of measurement.
- Critique of scientific articles.
- Various methods for studying human performance and collecting data
- use of behavioral taxonomies
- task analysis
- system analysis
- verbal protocols
- Cook, T.D. , and Campbell, D.T. (1979). Quasi-Experimentation: Design
& Analysis Issues for Field Settings. Houghton Mifflin Company,
- Wilson, J.R. ,and Corlett, E.N. (Eds.) (1995). Evaluation of Human
Work - A practical ergonomics methodology. Taylor & Francis, Great
- Research articles
||Home works, Two written tests